This is doctored from the second recipe in the Guardians 10 best Cauliflower recipes.
This one is gluten free (as was the original recipe) but mine has no cheese. It does have eggs and yoghurt though so not vegan friendly. It’s kind of like a flat loaded omelet but it has a crunch to it. You could probably get away with just one egg and make up the protein by adding ham or prawns or tofu to the top.
To make one pizza
- Half a cauliflower
- Half a courgette
- A handful of shredded spinach
- 2 eggs
- Half an onion
- Half a red pepper
- Garlic (I used wild garlic because I had some but a clove would be fine)
- Tomatos – a chopped tomato or some small cherry tomatos
- Olive oil
- Oven onto 180 (this is a fan assisted oven)
- Grate the cauliflower and courgette and boil for 5 minutes with the shredded spinach.
- Strain into a colander lined with a clean tea towel and run cold water over it.
- Squeeze out as much water as possible
- In a bowl mix the eggs and caulflower/courgette/spinach, season and spread thinly onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins or until firm and golden.
To make the topping chop all the veg and cook in a pan with some olive oil until it’s all soft and lovely looking.
Take the pizza base out of the oven and turn it over
Add the veg, dollops of thick greek yoghurt, splashes of olive oil and season.
Put back in the oven for 10 minutes.