Add to the slow cooker:
- Chicken thighs or legs, skin, bones and all.
- Roughly chopped onions, marrow or courgette and red pepper. (any veg would do)
- Half a finely chopped long green chilli.
- Half a pint of chicken stock or water
- A tin of coconut milk
Cook on slow all day while you go out and do more interesting things that watch it.
About ten minutes before you want to eat add:
- frozen or fresh veg (carrots, peas, cauliflower etc.)
- the other half of the chilli.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
The chilli you use in the long cook will have a less aggressive spike to it than the fresh chilli you add at the end.
Would be nice with basil or coriander if you have any.